Starting December 3, downtown Springfield shoppers can park for free Monday through Friday from 10am-5pm. This free parking, part of Downtown Springfield Inc‘s Old Capitol Holiday Walks, runs through December 22.
Downtown holiday shoppers will first need to get a day parking permit labeled “Shoppers” from one of the participating businesses, and display it on their car’s dashboard nearest the curb to enjoy this holiday parking perk.
The free parking meters are located within the area of 4th St. to 7th St and Monroe St. to Washington St.
Shoppers may obtain their free parking tags from the following stores:
- Urban Sassafras, 6th & Washington
- Springfield Vintage, 215 S 5th
- Itty Bitty Fashion Trunk, 403 E. Adams
- Willow & Birch, 521 E. Washington
- Springfield Clock Shop, 629 E. Washington
- The Card*ologist, 627 E. Adams
- Wild Rose, 115 N. 6th
- Daisy Jane’s, 424 E. Monroe
- Recycled Records, 625 E. Adams
- Corrine’s Closet, 223 S. 6th