The City of Springfield is hosting a VOUCHER-ONLY Household Hazardous Waste Collection on May 11th, 2019 at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. Springfield residents who are participating in the drop off MUST have a voucher in-hand or available on their mobile device in order to dispose of their materials. Voucher will be required at time of drop off.
How to obtain a voucher:
- Participants must be a resident of the City of Springfield corporate limits
- Residents must fill out this online form or contact the Office of Public Works by calling 217-789-2255.
- Residents must include on the online form (or provide at the time of calling):
– Full name
– Contact phone number
– Email Address
– Street Address
– Type of items that will be dropped off
Vouchers are limited and are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon registering, residents will be given several options for obtaining a voucher.
Options include the following:
- Email to resident for mobile device download.
- Print option allowing resident to print at home or work.
- Picking-up in-person at the Office of Public Works, 300 S. 7th St., Room 203, during business hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
- Vouchers can also be mailed to the resident upon request.
The last day for mailing vouchers is Monday, May 6th. Any voucher requests made after this date will have to be picked up in-person or emailed.
On the day of the drop off, if you miss your time slot, you will not be able to make a delivery. No early arrivals will be accepted. If for any reason you are unable to make the drop off, please call the Office of Public Works so that your time slot can be given to another resident. Voucher registration will end on Friday, May 10th at 4:00 p.m.
- Program is not open to businesses, institutions and not-for-profit organizations
- Vouchers are limited to one per residence. Vouchers may not be combined for delivery.
- Vouchers are valid for time slot listed only.
Drop off location:
Collection will take place at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. Enter through Gate 6 (Taintor Road) and proceed to Lot 21 by following signs. Exit through Gate 7 after household hazardous waste has been delivered.